- 1-1/4 cups butter (2-1/2 sticks)
- 1-1/3 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz melted dark chocolate (53%-75%)
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa (half dark, half standard dutch if possible)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 oz baking chips of choice (favorites: peanut butter chips or white chocolate chips)
- Cream together butter and sugars, beat until fluffyish.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Add melted chocolate, beat.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, soda, salt and cocoa. Add gradually to wet mixture and mix well.
- Add baking chips, mix until fairly evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate dough to thoroughly cool and firm up for best baking consistency.
- Shape into ~1.5″ rough balls and bake at 350F for ~9 minutes.
Makes approximately 3-4 dozen cookies.